Just like most girls my age, lip gloss was definitely the way I started wearing any color on my lips as a teenager. Even today I find lip gloss to be the more effortless and easy way of adding color and oomph to an everyday makeup look. While there are many affordable options out there that I do love, today I am sharing with you my top 5 high end lip glosses.
In no particular order, here we go!
1) Burberry Lip Glow in Oxblood No. 23 – This one is a beautiful formulation. It’s so light, moisturizing, has great color payoff, is not sticky at all but still manages to stay on. And it smells so gorgeous just like the entire Burberry makeup range. This color in particular is a neutral-plummy-not trying too hard but still looking gorgeous color. When I don’t know what lip gloss to throw in my handbag, it’s this one!
2) Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss in Supreme 17 – This one is quite a new addition to Chanel’s lippie collection and comes with the click-and-open packaging that is definitely very chic. The formulation is slightly thicker in consistency and is very pigmented. It lasts pretty much 4-5 hours even after coffee and breakfast and is one I where on workdays a lot. This particular color is a bright pop of fuschia pink.
3) Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Bonbon – The entire range of these is absolutely fantastic and i love pretty much every color. The unique thing about these is the finish you get on the lips – so shiny and sophisticated! These are very moisturizing and when I am having a bad lip day, i tend to grab these on an everyday every-occasion basis. Bonbon is a peachy pinky goes-with-everything kinda color. The brighter colors are super pigmented and act like a liquid lipstick.
4) YSL Gloss Volupte 206 – This is a stain in a gloss especially for the bright reddy-pinky shade I love so much. On application it is very shiny but as the day progresses, it leaves behind a gorgeous smooth stain on the lips that lasts very long. The texture is very light and not sticky at all which is amazing for such a long lasting gloss. Also one I pick for workdays and get compliments quite regularly.
5) Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Sahara Pink 03 – The Rolls Royce of lip glosses is what this is. If I could pick just one lip gloss range for the rest of my life, it would be Mr. Ford’s collection. They are pricey but sooooo so good. The texture is plush and not sticky. Once it is on the lips it gives the best finish ever and makes my lips look plumper and sexy in a very subtle way. This particular color is a soft warm pink that works well with any look especially with heavily smoked out eyes.
So that’s all from me on lip glosses I have been loving lately but these change all the time so I’d do an updated post next year I guess. What are your favorite lip glosses that are worth every cent?