I think the drugstore brands make some really high quality lipsticks. So if you are on a budget and are looking for some high pigmentation, amazing texture and a gorgeous shade range, go right ahead and read on about my top 5 lipstick picks from the local drugstore.
1) Revlon Colorburst Lipstick 030 Fuchsia – This is the best fuchsia bright pink shade I have ever come across. It also happens to be the ONLY lipstick I own a backup of. The formula is featherlight and super pigmented. It’s shiny but doesn’t move around or go everywhere. I wear it lightly dabbed in as a stain on a lot of days but a full on application looks amazing for a night out. Very very flattering shade for my skintone.
2) Revlon Lip Butter 050 Berry Smoothie – this is a MLBB for me. while it’s a couple shades darker than my pale pale pink lips, the neutral deep pinkish undertone is just perfect. It seamlessly just goes with my skin in a way few other lip colors do. Amazing formula that really “hugs” the lips and looks smooth on even chapped lips. My most recommended lipstick formulation to people of all ages.
3) Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in 830 Rose – This is a new find but again a beautiful MLBB color. It’s a shade lighter than berry smoothie and a smidgen more neutral. Also the formula is NOT too slippy or high shine so very good for no-makeup days. I think the brighter shades in this range are absolutely gorgeous too.
4) Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Warm Me Up – This might be my all time favourite true nude lipstick. Once I misplaced it and wanted to head to the drugstore to buy a replacement immediately. The swatch above looks pinker and deeper than it actually is. In my world, the shade is a perfect pinky brown lip color that defines “understated sexy” for NC20 skin. It literally looks good no matter what outfit or makeup I am wearing. The formula is easy to layer and it doesn’t settle into fine lines like some nude lipsticks can. I am seriously considering buying a backup. FYI it’s just a smidgen deeper than Loreal Paris Fairest Nude lipstick that’s so popular among the beauty gurus.
5) Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Naturally Chic – This is what i’d say is a dupe of the Tom Ford Lip Color in Negligee which was limited edition for Fall 2014. It’s red, brown and coral all mixed in perfect harmony to create a stunningly rare shade that is definitely very sophisticated and chic. It’s a shade that brightens up the face but is still quite neutral. Looks gorgeous with brown smokey eyes. The formula is semi-matte and a delight to work with. No pulling or tugging on the lips and it lasts really long.
And that’s a wrap! What are your favourite lipstick finds from the drugstore?