I know I am a little bit of a princess when it comes to skin care (and some more things but whatever :p) but I wanted to share my regimen with you anyway.
2) I have a fairly complicated (at least in my opinion) regimen as I wasn’t born with perfect skin. I have had acne breakouts since I was 12, and annoying skin allergies since I was 15. My skin is combination oily in humid Singapore but can be slightly dry in cold climates. On a good day my skin is smooth with maybe 2-3 tiny pink acne marks that are in their disappearing stage. On a bad day I can have 3-4 fresh acne spots and if my allergies decide to have a party to rebel against the sun (yes I am allergic to direct sunlight), i get splotchy red irritated patchy skin on my cheeks. Because of my erratic skin behavior, I customize some of the products I use as you will see.
3) this post is by no means intended to make you buy expensive SKINCARE products. I honestly believe you can maintain good healthy beautiful skin with basic skincare products available at most drugstores. As I said, I am a princess when it comes to skincare. If you are too, then join in the fun.
So here we go ……..
-Remove makeup/sunscreen with Mac cleanse off oil and/or Alpha-H balancing cleanser
-Double cleanse with dermalogica ultra calming cleanser or bioderma/ caudalie/ThisWorks micellaire water or Murad purifying cleanser (on days when I have oily and acne-prone skin)
Twice a week
– Dermalogica daily microfoliant. This is one of the gentlest granular facial scrubs.
Below is a picture of all my cleansers. I like all of them and i like some of them ALOT! So if I haven’t mentioned a product in this post doesn’t mean I dislike it. Maybe I just haven’t used it lately. I don’t want to turn this post into a detailed product review.
EXFOLIATION (chemical i.e. AHAs & BHAs)
– SK II facial treatment lotion
Twice a week and on oily skin days
– Alpha-H liquid gold with glycolic acid or Dermalogica overnight clearing gel
I do not follow with an additional serum if using either of these 2 products. They work best when left alone.
Daily Ritual (except when I am exfoliating with alpha-H glycolic or Dermalogica overnight clearing gel)
– SK II Facial treatment essence or SKII cellumination essence
– Origins starting over eye cream with mimosa or Pai echium eye cream
– Vaseline petroleum jelly lip balm or VITAMIN E oil on my lips
In cold climates
– SK II cellumination deep surge moisturizer (in addition to the essence/serum) or Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel
Once a week – Dermalogica ultra calming masque
Twice a month – SK II cellumination sheet mask or some Japanese moisturizing sheet mask (I keep trying new ones once in a while)
That’s about it. This has been my regimen for the last 3-4 months I think. I am pretty loyal to alpha-H and SKII and most of their products work for me.
While my alpha-h glycolic helps keep the acne at bay, I do believe that a deep cleansing mask is missing from my regimen. I know Peter Thomas Roth do a good one with sulphur but I haven’t had the heart to splurge on it yet.
I know most products I mentioned are quite expensive but there are some amazing affordable brands that I still use and highly recommend.
Hope this was interesting for you all!